Wednesday, September 16, 2009

First cycle complete

A bunch more to go...

I'm now recuperating at home.

The chemo made me very ill. I'm still feeling it. I have hardly gotten out of bed the last few days.

Every day I'm a little better. I hope to go for a walk today.

Its hard to believe I'm going to go back next week.

But every week done is a week closer to being cured.

This week off has been especially hard because Kaylee has the chicken pox. She has to stay at her Grandma's until she is all better. I haven't seen her in over a week. I am beyond sad.

I hope to see her before my next treatment cycle. Her little hugs, giggles and smiles are the best motivation and cure for this cancer patient.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Stay strong Wendy, you're in our prayers. You will beat this.

Steve's Blog of Awesomeness said...

Good work on the motivation. Stay strong and you will get there.

Anonymous said...

I don't know you, and you don't know me. I saw a twitter post by you today, and checked out your blog. I just felt the need to tell you to stay strong for your family and friends.

Alice Bliss said...

Hang tough, Wendy.

Anonymous said...

I have stumbled across your blog and want to wish you the best of luck. I went to high school with your husband...and I know that he will be there for you. He and your daughter will get you through this---chuck

The nams said...

I had the pleasure of reading some of your other posts and I truly enjoyed reading them....

I wanted to see what your most recent post was and I found that you have Cancer.

I am very sorry to hear you do, but I am confident you will rise above it and get through it. The worst situations bring out the best in people, and you are certainly a very dynamic and unique individual. It seems that you have gotten through so much in life (as far as your careers and goals), I'm sure that cancer doesn't have a chance against someone as motivated and driven as you.